Thursday, June 19, 2008

On the catwalk








I hadn't been to the Catwalk since I was in high school. The other day we took the kids and went for a hike. It was amazing. The trees shade most of the path and make you feel like you are in your own private world. There were wild mulberries growing off the side and they reminded me of Texas. We took off the well beaten path and found a little pool to dip our feet in. The water was ice. I could see my feet turning red right in front of my eyes.


The kids started out grumpy, they had stayed with a friend the night before, but the magic of the river soon changed their mood. By the end of the day they were all laughing and skipping down the path. Maybe it was just because they knew we were heading back to the food. I like to think it was something more.

1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

looks familiar, we went there with jeff when we both came for spring break before i married your dad. that's when we first met. lots of water under the bridge since then. you all are parents now, amazing.