Friday, June 20, 2008

Crunchy towels

I remember when we moved to New Mexico as a kid and my mom made us hang our cloths on the line to dry. I hated the way it made everything all crunchy. Nothing felt soft. You had to dry off with hard towels. And it was always so hot to go to the line to hang or take off. Oh I hated it.
It's been pretty warm around here lately. I have been doing laundry early in the morning so the dryer won't heat up the house to much. But yesterday after I washed towels, I had a brillant idea, I have a cloths line. So yes, I dryed my towels on the line, outside, in the sun, to get all crunchy. And this morning when I dryed off with one of my crunchy towels I could smell 16 again. I could close my eyes and remember the old house, I could feel the way the swamp cooler made everything just a little bit humid. Never before have my towels smelt so good.

2 comments:

aliannetee said...

That was my job in Texas :) Funny, I wish I could hang up my clothes because electric is so much money.

Great Grandma Lin said...

interesting how textures bring memories also. our past life has so many triggers to other memories. you'll save money and set a good example for your little ones. like your mom did.