Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My blue journal

When I was 10 years old my mom took me to a small book store on the "square" in a small town in Texas. They had little earsers shaped like animals and smelled like various fruits. I don't remember much about that bookstore, but I seem to remember that is where my mom bought me my first journal. It was blue with a silver unicorn on the front, I LOVED horses at that point in my life.
It took me until I was 18 to fill all the pages of that book. Some of my entries make me laugh, some bring back memories I had forgotten that I had. After filling these pages with my most personal thoughts, I made myself a journal out of notebook paper kept sercurely in a yellow notebook. That one only lasted a couple years. Still stored in a box in my garage. I now have a small pink journal with two little teddy bears happily hugging each other on the front. I believe my dad got it for me, right before I got married 11 years ago. It pages are slowly filling. I wished now that I had wrote more about my children, as they are growing so fast. I thought I would never forget those unforgettable moments, but there are so many and I seem to be forgetting some of them.
Today as I type I wonder if these words will replace my little pink journal. I seldom get it out anymore. And when I read it I feel silly, it seems as if I only wrote when I was upset. So today I write, type, my thoughts. I am happy, tired and hot, but happy. All my journaling started with a little blue journal that my mom bought at a small bookstore in Texas.

2 comments:

aliannetee said...

I kept my best journal on my mission....I'm not good at it anymore.

Great Grandma Lin said...

hey, i think i gave you the little pink journal and also one to sarah. can't believe you've been married 11 years but then we've been married 15 years. time goes too fast whether or not you are having fun. blogging kind of take the place of your journal. i need to figure out how to make a copy of it and keep it separate from the web in case it disappears one day. keep up the good work, writing helps you sort out your feelings. i write when i'm upset or stressed also.