Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last night as I was laying in bed listening to the owls as I fell asleep, my heart began to pound and my stomach felt a large rock sitting squarely in it's pit. No it was not the sound of the owls, I fear not the owls. All owls make me think of is tootsie pops and how many licks it takes to get to the center. No, my anxiety came from the thought that today is Sunday which means we are entering a new week, the week in which I have decided to take my college placement test. I am determined to go back to school, the classes I am only mildly intimidated by. But this test, this test I fear. I hated tests in high school, but I was always prepared. There was never any material that I hadn't thought about in 16 years on those test. It all became extremely real to me last night. All my doubts and insecurities came crashing down on me with all the wrath they could muster. Then for an instant I wanted to quit before I had even begun. How easy it would be to just not do it. I could stay in my comfort zone. Never pushing myself, never changing. This must be some thing I need to do, why else would I feel such fear? Some force trying to stop me from doing what will ultimately lead me to where I need to be. Some many thoughts running around in my head. I feel like a bouncing ball in outer space.

4 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

try writing about your fears, that's really clears your mind. your fears are worse than the actual test. just say a little prayer and do your best. I always feel if you meet lots of opposition, something good is going to develop. I'll be praying for you...you can do it!

aliannetee said...

I know you can do it!!!

Sarah Belle said...

remember that the test does not define you. you are not the test. the test just gives you a baseline and will tell you what you already know; you have been out of school for 16 years and are going to have to do ALOT of things over again. Love you!

Wiltbank Family said...

am so excited and proud of you! Way to go I soon think I will be where you are. I'll know where to go for advice. You're awesome and will do great!