Monday, May 18, 2009

Good night


Tonight as I was getting Gabriel all

tucked in to bed he wanted to know why he couldn't just sleep on the couch. His bed always gives him bad dreams, but not the couch he says. I don't really mind him sleeping on the couch, I prefer his bed, why buy it if it's not going to be used. Anyway, I proceed to explain to him that I have some kids who have to be here very early tomorrow morning, long before Gabriel will want to wake up, so the best place for him to sleep is in his own room, on his own bed, far from the noise of small children. He tells me he wishes they were robots. This is a strange wish even for him, or so I thought. I ask him why he wants them to be robots, and he tells me that we could then turn their ears to turn them down, as in volume. Oh if only toddlers did come with volume control!

5 comments:

aliannetee said...

That is a very cute picture and a very smart answer!!!

katie said...

oh my heck. thats so cute! how old is he?

Katherine said...

Gabriel will be 5 in July. My baby is growing up.

Great Grandma Lin said...

smart kid...he's the one who wouldn't sleep in his own room and now doesn't want to sleep in his own bed- isn't he? Good reply to his request, maybe he's needing more attention at bedtime? or having bad dreams? Your baby is definitely growing up...

Katherine said...

He would perfer to sleep with us, he is just getting to big for that. He tells me my bed is so comfortable, much softer than his. I actually have to stay in bed with him until he falls asleep.