Friday, April 24, 2009

Bees

It has been very windy here, no big surprise, it is spring. The wind tossed my humming bird feeder around so much that half of the syrup ended up all over the porch, which brought it to the attention of the bees. Hundreds of bees! On my front porch. I couldn't even leave the house. But I did. And I sprayed the porch clean. Then gave those bees a nice shower. That only worked while it was spraying on them. I had to get the feeder down. I couldn't just leave it there to attract more bees. So I kept spraying the feeder while trying to take it down. It is hung up pretty high. If I were short I wouldn't be able to take it down. Anyway, I took a shower while trying to remove the feeder and keep the bees off me. They didn't want to share the food. So after I got it down I expected them to go away. No they kept hanging around. So I sprayed them some more. And got out my raid. Not such a good idea. They are not as easy to spray with raid as say any non flying creature. So I got stung. Did you know that bee stings itch after the pain goes away? They do. Just like a mosquito bite. More water. Finally they got the hint. I have moved the feeder. It not longer hangs were I can view my friends while sitting in my living room, but I can watch while laying in bed. Still would rather have it on the porch.

PS I am not very good at filming.

2 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

scary, sorry you got stung.

aliannetee said...

That is alot of bees....glad you got your feeder down though without being killed by all the bees :)