Friday, August 29, 2008

Cell Phones


My 9 year old daughter thinks she needs a cell phone. We live in the middle of nowhere. My cell phone doesn't even get good service out here. But she has convinced herself she must have one. To make matters worse her friend, who I happen to babysit, got one and brought it over today. What a joke! I have heard all it's ringtones and have seen all her must have photos. Why does a 9 year old need a phone? Is it not enough to use the home phone, now they must be able to text and recieve pictures? She uses it as a toy, nothing more. I will not be getting my daughter a phone until she is much older and possibly able to pay for it herself! A cell phone for a 4th grader!

2 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

i agree, daniel told his twin daughters now in 5th grade that they can't have a phone till high school. I think they should pay for it too. kids grow up too fast these days.

aliannetee said...

I told Alexis the same thing...in High School and she must pay for it. If she ever needs to be in a place that I need to get ahold of her, she can use mine :)