Monday, February 22, 2010

The kids room is painted, except for the closet, which is still purple. I have yet to find the time to get every thing out of there in order to paint, so it sits purple, very purple. Arnold was home for a week (YEAH), but doesn't like the idea of wood floors. BOO! For some reason he thinks the house is to cold to have bare floors. Maybe he is right. I do hate walking on cold floors. But my poor little dream bubble has been deflated. There is a very sneaky part of me that wants to just do it anyway, and not just that room but the whole house! I know there is wood in my room, the living room and the dining room. To bad the pellet stove is in the dining room and I can't move it by myself to remove the current flooring.
In other news, it is raining, again! I love it. Except for the mud that is tracked in. I am so excited for spring to spring! My tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are poking there heads up getting ready to bloom. The garden lays sleeping. I started to dig in it the other day, but my poor body has sat far to long inside and left my in pain. I'll dig some more when it stops raining! I will not be stopped by pain. Just have to get use to it again. Not the pain, the being physically active again.

3 comments:

Sarah Belle said...

Cold to walk on maybe but then you get wonderful rugs that are durable and easier and cheaper to replace than carpet when they wear out. It will increase the resale value of your home BIG time. Don't let Arnold naysaying get you down. He's a Doubting Thomas and you know this. Plus, how many months of cold weather do you really have a year? Seriously, JUST DO IT!!

Great Grandma Lin said...

it seems to me you are the homemaker or nest builders. keep working on him-dropping subtle hints. time usually wears husbands down and a tear or two. lol!

aliannetee said...

Hard wood is easier to clean, doesn't leave musty wet smells and looks warm and inviting when all done up :)